Pride Center of Vermont partners with You First, a program offered through the Vermont Department of Health. You First offers personalized support to pay for and connect eligible Vermonters to breast, cervical and heart screenings, heart health checkups (blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar testing), diagnostic tests and heart-healthy lifestyle programs. Members who are ages 30-64 can access free lifestyle programs such as local gym memberships, farmers’ market coupons, state park passes and more.
Examples of services that You First participants have gotten for free:
- Free, 12-week 1:1 nutrition coaching
- Free passes to Vermont state parks
- Free membership to a local yoga studio
- Free farmers’ market coupons for fruits and vegetable
- Free vegetable CSA shares
- Free apple orchard coupons
- Free gardening support
- And more!
You First can also pay for the following procedures:
- Heart Health Screenings
- Breast Cancer Screenings, including:
- Annual Screening
- Clinical breast exam
- Screening Mammogram
- Diagnostic follow up tests
- Diagnostic mammogram
- Second opinion
- Breast biopsy
- MRI when clinically indicated
For more information about mammograms and breast cancer screenings, click here.
- Cervical Cancer Screenings, including:
- Pap test
- HPV test
- Diagnostic tests
For more information about cervical cancer screenings, click here.
- Other Services
- You First can pay for transportation and interpretation services for You First appointments.
- You First members will be referred for full Medicaid coverage if breast or cervical cancer treatment is needed. For more information please contact the Patient Navigator at 802-863-7332.
- Special conditions apply to members with Medicare Part B.
- Members ages 30-64 are eligible for the Heart Health screening and Lifestyle Programs (ex: gym memberships, CSAs, farmers market coupons).
- Transgender women who have taken or are taking hormones and meet all program eligibility requirements are eligible to receive breast cancer screening and diagnostic services through You First. Talk to your provider about the benefits and harms of screening and discuss individual risk factors to decide if screening is medically indicated. Preventive care recommendations for breast cancer screening for transgender women can be found here.
- Transgender men may still receive breast cancer screenings through You First if they have not had a bilateral mastectomy. Guidance for breast cancer screening for transgender men can be found here.
- Transgender men who have a cervix or had a total hysterectomy for a pre-cancerous condition or cancer and meet all other eligibility requirements are eligible to receive cervical cancer screening and diagnostic services through You First.
Would you like support with applying to You First? Our Glow team memebers are here to help! Send us an email at email@example.com