For many people, the recovery process includes periods of use and non-use. Safe Recovery is a safe place for people to come to for support, even if they are currently using. Helping someone stay safe today, whether or not they are using today, is an important part of supporting their recovery.
As part of its harm reduction approach to the treatment of opiate use, Howard Center’s Safe Recovery program distributes
- Free fentanyl test strips.
- Free and anonymous Narcan overdose reversal kits.
In addition, the program offers:
- HIV and Hepatitis C testing.
- Syringe exchange program.
- Drug treatment options counseling.
- Referrals to treatment programs, including the Chittenden Clinic.
- Referrals to community resources for housing, health insurance, and legal problems. It’s easier to be successful in recovery if other challenges such as housing and health care are addressed.
Unlike many other Howard Center programs, clients do not need to have an appointment to receive services. However, for more information, clients can call Safe Recovery at 802-488-6067 or our general access and intake number at 802-488-6000.
Specialties: Substance Use Disorders, HIV Testing, Hep C Testing, Narcan, Syringe Exchange
Accepted Insurance: BlueCross BlueShield of Vermont, CBA, Cigna, Medicare, MVP, Tricare, Vermont Medicaid
*This provider has not received LGBTQ+ Best Practices training*