- This event has passed.
LGBTQ+ Best Practices Training Webinar
April 5 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$35
LGBTQ+ Best Practices Training:
The LGBTQ+ Best Practices Training will cover a brief overview of identity development and community strengths, provide exercises to distinguish and understand the components of the LGBTQ+ acronym, review common frameworks for understanding gender and sexuality, briefly discuss the minority stress model and its implications on physical and mental wellbeing, review language and the significance of pronouns, and highlight best practices. This training is ideal for human services providers.
Taylor Small (she/her), Director of Health & Wellness
Anne Moyerbrailean (she/her), Interim Director of SafeSpace Anti-Violence Program
Group rates & sliding scale available upon request (send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org)
The LGBTQ+ Best Practices Training has been rated 4.91/5.0 by participants on basis of likelihood to recommend. Below are some recent reviews from participants:
- “I liked the simplicity of which you broke down the information!”
- “I liked the use of humor to create a safe space. [Each of] the facilitators were FAB!”
- “I loved how inclusive and open people were, a true testament to the facilitator.”
- “I absolutely LOVE how open this entire conversation was!”
- “I thought it was upbeat + very informative! I feel there are ways with language that we can help society come into the times!”
- “Great job! Thank you! Frank, honest, and real.”