Title: Operations Coordinator
Status: Full-time position (40 hours/week)
Compensation: $22.50/hour plus comprehensive health and dental benefits, and paid time off
Reports To: Development & Communications Director and Directors Team
Work environment: Hybrid (mix of on-site and remote work)
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations of, and administrative duties associated with, programs and services at Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT). This includes supporting office procedures and daily operations of PCVT with a focus on communications and community engagement, financial recordkeeping, supply and inventory acquisition and maintenance, and supporting programs, events, donor relations, and other duties as needed as well as providing administrative support to the Directors Team and Board. This position will anchor all administrative functions across the organization, ensuring PCVT runs efficiently while enhancing our capacity to serve LGBTQ+ individuals across Vermont.
This is a hybrid in-person/remote position, depending on proximity to Pride Center’s physical location in Burlington. Must be available to work a flexible schedule as needed, including periodic evenings and weekends. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are preferred for occasional travel statewide, but accommodations possible if this is a barrier.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with office management, implementation of procedures, records management, data collection, and reporting of statistics.
- Respond to incoming communications, including telephone, e-mail, social media, and in-person inquiries, communicating to other staff as necessary.
- Assist Directors Team and bookkeeper to maintain financial accountability systems, including production and tracking of bank deposits, expense reports, fee-for-service invoices, and other monthly reports as needed.
- Support all aspects of Development initiatives as assigned by the Development & Communications Director, including donor acknowledgement letters, gift coding, data entry, and mailings.
- Assist with maintaining up-to-date paperwork and forms, including timesheets, expense reports, meeting minutes, and volunteer and employee handbooks.
- Organize incoming and outgoing PCVT mail which includes sorting, routing to the appropriate person for response, sorting bills and informing the Directors Team as to the arrival of bills, donations, and bank statements.
- Provide other administrative support to staff, Executive Director, and Board Members as needed.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects with varying support needs, requiring exceptional time management skills and self directed follow-through.
- Tech-savvy with experience using Google Workspace and/or Microsoft Office, and a proficiency for learning new programs and technologies.
- Reliable internet access (if working remotely).
- Commitment to equity, inclusion, and anti-oppression work.
Preferred qualities and skills:
- Previous experience working with or connection to community-based organizations and/or LGBTQ+ populations.
- Comfortable connecting and collaborating with individuals from diverse backgrounds with a range of communication styles and access needs.
- Emotional self-awareness, compassion, and ability to effectively set and maintain healthy boundaries.
Systemic Inequalities in hiring cause people who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, and others with non-dominant identities to apply for jobs only when they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break that statistic and apply if you feel you would be a good fit for this position, as applicants rarely meet 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
- Monday, January 9th – Job Posting Opens
- Friday, February 3rd – Job Posting Closes
- Week of Monday February 6th – Schedule Virtual Interviews
- Week of Monday February 13th – Virtual Interviews Round 1
- Week of Monday February 20th – Virtual Interviews Round 2
- Week of Monday February 27th – Selection, Reference Checks & Job Offer