Pride Center of Vermont
Title: Development and Communications Director
Job Type: 1 F/T Position (40/week)
Reports To: Executive Director
Compensation: $57,000 plus the Center’s comprehensive benefits plan includes 100% employer funded health, dental, and generous time-off allotment.
Work Environment: Hybrid – Mix of in-person and remote work.
The Development Director will work in partnership with the Executive Director to support strategic fundraising and community engagement efforts that support the vision, mission, and values of Pride Center of Vermont. They will lead the Development and Communications team to implement effective fundraising campaigns, communicate with current and prospective donors, and continue to build a sustainable financial future for our organization.
With an emphasis on promoting the enhancement and engagement of support for Pride Center’s work, this position also manages the organization’s communication tools, including but not limited to our donor database, all social media platforms, electronic newsletters, and print materials, in collaboration with the Development and Communications team.
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will help guide the fiscal growth and stability of the Pride Center of Vermont.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, develop an annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, private foundations, and value-aligned corporations
- Manage the data entry and gift processing via the donor-management platform
- Maintain up-to-date records of donations and donor information, including monthly reporting to bookkeeper, Executive Director, and Development Committee.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individual and value-aligned corporate donors
- In collaboration with Executive Director, create and execute a major donor outreach strategy, coordinate and select flagship and fundraising events working closely with event committees and Board Development committee
- Develop and track foundation and fundraising partnership proposals and reports
- Co-Chair the Development Committee of the Board of the Directors.
- Facilitate Board involvement in events, fundraising, etc.
Support and Supervise the Development and Communications team in the ideation, planning, coordination and implementation of all marketing, communications and public relations activities for Pride Center of Vermont.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement an annual communications plan that infuses all marketing materials and social media channels with effective branding and messaging of Pride Center of Vermont’s mission and values.
- Support the creation, maintenance, and delivery of content and design elements (logo, fonts, brand identity) for print and web materials, including newsletters, website, press releases, and other social media campaigns as needed In collaboration with the development and communications team
- In partnership with the Executive Director and the Leadership team, act as liaison to media outlets.
- Maintain accurate email lists;
- Supervise development and communications staff
- Collaborate with PCVT Leadership Team to provide on-going support for agency-wide administrative functions;
- Manage timeline and budget(s) effectively;
- Create comprehensive fundraising and communications data to guide strategic planning.
- Assist with other organizational duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Ability to connect with diverse groups within, for, and beyond LGBTQ+ communities;
- Lived experience within and/or knowledge of statewide LGBTQ+ communities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to equity, inclusion, accessibility, and anti-oppression work;
- Experience planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating fundraising and other development efforts;
- 2+ years Experience with supervising and/or team coordination;
- Ability to multitask, problem-solve, prioritize and maintain boundaries effectively;
- Internet access for virtual education, communications, and collaborations;
- Valid driver’s license for statewide travel.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Exceptional time management skills and follow-through, emotional self-awareness, compassion, healthy sense of humor, commitment to work/life balance, and a desire to be on a team that takes care of one another;
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of donor database software, Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Application Deadline: October 21, 2022
Systemic Inequalities in hiring cause people who are BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, and others with non-dominant identities to apply for jobs only when they meet 100% of the qualifications. We encourage you to break that statistic and apply, as applicants rarely meet 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.
Pride Center of Vermont values the leadership of People of Color and LGBTQ+ individuals and strongly encourages people of all traditionally underrepresented identities to apply. No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.