Job Opening at Pride Center of Vermont
Title: Health and Wellness Coordinator
Status: Full-time Position (40/week)
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Coverage, and Generous Allotment of Time Off
Compensation: $42,000 annually
Reports To: Health and Wellness Director
The Health and Wellness Coordinators work with the Health and Wellness Program Director to produce HIV prevention and testing programs, primarily focused on the Centers for Disease Control’s Mpowerment Program (GLAM), Social Networks Testing Program (6 Degrees), and HIV Testing, Referral and Linkage to Care with embedded PrEP Navigation.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position will maintain all administrative duties to keep the program in compliance with the Vermont Department of Health regulations and with any external audits and organization requirements. These duties include:
- Collect and maintain data and track progress on grant and program goals.
- Monitor project success and report progress via quarterly reports to the Vermont Department of Health and monthly reports to the PCVT Board of Directors
- Support maintaining a friendly and welcoming environment at PCVT by sharing ‘front desk’ and other duties with staff (drop-in support, outreach, blogging, etc).
Program Design and Implementation
- With support from the Health and Wellness Director, produce the various parts of the HIV prevention programs in line with grant-specific requirements.
- Co-coordinate the Mpowerment Project (GLAM), ensuring that its different facets, such as outreach events, publicity and M-groups, are carried out successfully.
- Plan, promote, implement and facilitate events for GLAM, HIV testing and other community outreach opportunities.
- Along with the GLAM Core Group, serve as a starting point for the diffusion process of safer sex messages to all young gay, bisexual, queer and/or trans men in Vermont.
- Recruit, train, retain, and reward volunteers on all levels of the Health and Wellness Programs.
- Facilitate the empowerment of young gay, bisexual, queer and/or trans men who join the Project as volunteers.
- Co-facilitate sex-positive, harm-reduction focused “Mgroups” that promote safer sex behavior and discussion.
- Facilitate weekly GLAM Core Group meetings
- Network and collaborate with appropriate organizations to build support, participation and partnerships.
- Provide HIV counseling, testing, and referrals through PCVT’s confidential HIV testing program after participating in certification with Vermont Department of Health.
Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualities and Skills
PCVT is looking for an energetic, team-oriented individual to help lead the Health and Wellness Program. This person must have exceptional time management skills and follow-through. This person must also be highly personable and enthusiastic about working with the diverse LGBTQ communities in Vermont. Previous experience with the Mpowerment model and certification in HIV Counseling, Testing, and Referral are a plus. Working knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Word preferred. Strong communication skills are a must. Program activities take place primarily in the evenings and on weekends, therefore the candidates schedule must be flexible.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 4th.
Pride Center of Vermont values the leadership of People of color and LGBTQ+ individuals and strongly encourages people of all traditionally underrepresented identities to apply.
No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Click here to see other available positions at Pride Center of Vermont.