Job Opening at Pride Center of Vermont
Title: Momentum Program Coordinator
Status: Part-Time (10 hours per week)
Reports To: Executive Director
Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT) is the region’s most comprehensive community center dedicated to advancing community and the health and safety of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ+) Vermonters. PCVT celebrates, affirms, and enhances the lives, well being, and liberation of LGBTQ People in Vermont through community building, advocacy, and education.
Momentum is a network of LGBTQ+ Vermonters working to create opportunities for a vibrant, diverse, safe, and joyful community of adults over the age of 55. While the Momentum program and events are open to people of all ages, they are designed to address the specific needs of Vermont’s LGBTQ+ aging population. Momentum’s Neighbor to Neighbor Project connects LGBTQ+ Vermonters over 55 years of age with volunteer peers providing need-based support services that aid with various tasks to address isolation, food security, access to healthcare, and community networking.
The Momentum Coordinator works with the Executive Director, interns, and members of the Momentum Steering Committee to support, implement, and grow the Momentum Program and Neighbor to Neighbor Project. The responsibilities of this role include the creation of inclusive events and offerings designed to support and engage Vermont’s LGBTQ+ aging population and aligned community members. The Momentum Coordinator also participates in additional duties and training in accordance with Pride Center’s mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will lead the Steering Committee in keeping a solid structure and consistent community engagement. These duties include:
- Conduct community outreach for the purpose of recruiting and supporting program volunteers and steering committee members.
- Facilitate Monthly Steering Committee meetings.
Program design and implementation
This position will work with a team to develop and lead monthly programming for LGBTQ+ aging population. These duties include:
- In collaboration with the steering committee, plan, promote, implement, delegate, and facilitate one or two monthly social events for Vermont’s LGBTQ+ aging population.
- Manage the Momentum monthly email communication, social media presence, and keep event website calendars and blog postings up-to-date.
- Attend other LGBTQ+ aging population’s events and build relationships for future partnerships and collaboration
- Connect community members to resources when appropriate
- Recruit and support Momentum volunteers for Neighbor to Neighbor program
- Connect with Neighbor to Neighbor program participants and match them with volunteers.
- Attend Pride Center staff meetings once a month to facilitate staff and program cohesion and strengthen internal referrals.
Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualities and Skills
PCVT is looking for an energetic, team-oriented individual to help coordinate the Momentum program. This person must be highly personable and enthusiastic about working with the diverse LGBTQ+ communities in Vermont with a commitment to anti-oppression, racial justice, and intersectional community building. This person must have exceptional time management skills and follow-through. Previous experience with program development, conflict mediation, and group facilitation are a plus. Working knowledge of Facebook, Canva, Excel, Powerpoint, and Word preferred. Strong communication skills are required. Many program activities take place primarily in the evenings and on weekends, therefore the candidate’s schedule must be flexible.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We will be accepting new applicants until the position is filled.
Pride Center of Vermont values the leadership of People of color and LGBTQ+ individuals and strongly encourages people of all traditionally underrepresented identities to apply.
No applicant will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Click here to see other available positions at Pride Center of Vermont.