PURPOSE: to create space for all walks of local trans and queer artists. The gallery space will allow for the display of visual pieces. There will be acoustic performances as well. We also encourage writers and poets to perform spoken word or storytelling. If you are a writer and this method of sharing is stressful for you, I suggest editing your work into the form of a visual type piece or to print out copies of your work which we can then distribute at the event.
The plan is to have an art display either on or near Trans Day of Visibility and use it to celebrate trans and queer artists and their work, fundraise (unrelated to art sales) for the Transpire Program, and hopefully get some folks’ art sold to bring income their way. There will also be an opportunity specifically for trans artists to then have their art on display and for sale here at the Center more long-term.
- TBD. Because the venue is not yet secured, we will know the space limitations and wall space allowable per artist at a later date. We will reach out to all artists once we understand the venue’s capacity.
- We will be reaching out to all artists very soon once some information with the venue is ironed out!
- The venue will be located in downtown Burlington
- Either March 27th OR March 31st (Trans Day of Visibility)
- All we need from you are some scans or photos or video clips of what you plan on showing, as well as the size of the submissions/length of performance time.
Please submit art examples, questions, or comment to firstname.lastname@example.org