Pride Center of Vermont is adding a new Part Time position to the GLAM program! Are you a social media wiz with a knack for creating fun events for your friends? This job might be for you!!! Come work with an amazing team!
Position: MPowerment Coordinator
Reports to: Health & Wellness Director
Status: P/T Position, (20 hours/week) $20/hour
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled. Suggested deadline for resume and cover letter: December 16, 2017
Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT) is looking for a P/T Mpowerment Coordinator Position for the Health and Wellness Program. PCVT celebrates, educates and advocates with and for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) Vermonters.
The Mpowerment Coordinator works with the Health and Wellness Team to produce HIV prevention and testing programs primarily focused on the Mpowerment Program (GLAM) and Social Networks Testing Program (6 Degrees).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-coordinate the Mpowerment Project (GLAM), developing fun and engaging outreach events, publicity materials, and social media campaigns to attract GBT guys to the program and promote a sex-positive, safer sex message.
- Plan, promote, implement and facilitate fun events for GLAM and 6 Degrees and other community outreach opportunities.
- Along with the GLAM Core Group, serve as a starting point for the diffusion process of safer sex messages to all young gay, bisexual, queer and/or trans men in Vermont.
- Facilitate the empowerment of young gay, bisexual, queer and/or trans men who join the Project as volunteers.
- Support the Health and Wellness Team in conducting sex-positive, harm-reduction focused “Mgroups” that promote safer sex behavior and discussion.
- Co-Facilitate GLAM Weekly Core Group meetings
- Network and collaborate with appropriate organizations to build support, participation and partnerships.
- Provide HIV counseling, testing and referrals, through PCVT’s anonymous HIV testing program after participating in certification with Vermont Department of Health.
Preferred Qualities and Skills
PCVT is looking for an energetic, team-oriented individual to help move the Mpowerment Program forward. This person must have exceptional time management skills and follow through. This person must also be highly personable and enthusiastic about working with the diverse LGBTQ communities in Vermont. The candidates should demonstrate abilities in reaching gay, bi, and trans men who are at high risk of contracting HIV or are HIV positive. Previous experience with the Mpowerment model and certification in HIV Counseling, Testing, and Referral are a plus, but not required. Working knowledge of Excel preferred. Strong communication skills are a must. Program activities take place primarily in the evenings and on some weekends.
How to apply
E-mail cover letter and resume to Mike Bensel at Mike@pridecentervt.org with ‘Mpowerment Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Pride Center of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, transgender and gender non-conforming people, survivors of violence, people with disabilities, people living with HIV, and individuals of diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply.