Position: SafeSpace Anti-Violence Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: full time
Benefits: Health and Dental coverage
Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT) celebrates, educates, and advocates with and for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) Vermonters.
SafeSpace is a core program of PCVT and the only program in Vermont mission-driven to provide statewide direct services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) survivors of violence. Through free and confidential services, SafeSpace offers short-term counseling; safety planning; police, court, and social services advocacy; and accompaniment for survivors of intimate partner violence, sexual violence, hate/bias incidents, and other forms of discrimination and/or harassment.
This position is responsible for providing the majority of direct services and systems based advocacy. This position also assists with coordination of PCVT support groups and training opportunities in collaboration with the other SafeSpace co-coordinator.
SafeSpace Direct Services
- Crisis intervention services and intake interviews, including “walk-in” clients
- Answer hotline calls
- Provide individual and group counseling
- Advocacy, information, referrals, safety planning and accompaniment
- Establish and maintain collaborations with community partners
- Provide individual and systems based advocacy including but not limited to work with social service programs, law enforcement, court, employers, and medical systems
- Coordinate the Legal Clinic including but not limited to communication with attorneys, publicizing and promoting Legal Clinic, and managing intakes
- Document and report on all program and client related activity
- Contribute to state and national reports and monthly reports for the Executive Director
- Attend in-service and external trainings
- Participate in SafeSpace program development meetings and weekly supervision with Executive Director
- Manage related program contracts, funding, and grants
- Complete and submit paperwork in a timely fashion
Pride Center of Vermont
- Attend and participate in PCVT staff meetings
- Provide guidance to PCVT support groups facilitators including recruitment and training
- With other staff, manage volunteer recruitment, placement and development
- With other staff, manage PCVT and related calendar/blog/social media postings
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of three years of related work experience required. Master’s degree and certification in Social Work preferred. Training or experience working with survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault required. Supervisory experience and clinical experience with crisis intervention, violence and victimization with LGTBQ clients preferred. Ability to facilitate working alliances between diverse groups within and beyond the LGTBQ communities. Knowledge of available social service resources in Vermont. Must be available to work flexible schedule as needed. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required for travel statewide.
Mail or email resume and cover letter to:
SafeSpace Program Coordinator
Pride Center of Vermont
255 South Champlain Street, Suite 12
Burlington, Vermont 05401
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: “SafeSpace Search” in the subject line)
Pride Center of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental condition, sexual orientation, Veteran Status, or age.