- Feldman, J. and Bockting, W. (2003) Transgender Health, Minnesota Medicine, Volume 86, July 2003.
- Gorton, N.; Buth, J, Spade, D.(2005) Medical Therapy and Health Maintenance for Transgender Men: A Guide for Health Care Providers.
- Karasic, D., Exploring your Patient's Gender Identity: Presentation at the Transgender Care Conference, UCSF, May 5, 2000.
- Keatley, J. and Clements-Nolle, K. Factsheet: What are the Prevention Needs of Male-to-Female Transgender Persons? University of California, San Francisco, Center for AIDS Prevention Studies, (2001)
- Gooren, Louis J. G. (1999) Hormonal Sex Reassignment, International Journal of Transgenderism, 3(3).
- Lurie, S. (April/May/June 2006). Overview of Transgender Issues for College Health Centers, College Health in Action, Vol. 45(4), p. 1 and 10.
- Maguen, S, Shipherd, J, Harris, H, Providing Culturally Sensitive Care for Transgender Patients, Cognitive and Behavioral Practice 12: 479-490, 2005.
- Oriel, K. A. (2000). Medical care of transsexual patients. Journal of the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association 4(4): 185-193. http://www.springerlink.com/content/w286170g77j36360/?p=6688c08eb505444097143ae9a13678d7&pi=4
- Smith, D and Walter, J, (2005), Improving Services to Transgender Students, Improving Services to All Students, Student Health Spectrum, Special issue on Cultural Competency: A Publication of the Chickering Group, January 2005. See pp. 29-34. http://tgtrain.org/WesleyanHealthCtrChickeringArticle.pdf
- Spack, N. (2005) Transgenderism. Lahey Clinic Medical Ethics, in collaboration with Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Fall 2005, Vol. 12, Issue 3. http://www.lahey.org/newspubs/publications/ethics/journalfall2005/journal_fall2005_feature.asp
- Bockting, W.O. and Avery, E. (Eds). Transgender Health and HIV Prevention, published simultaneously as special issue of International Journal of Transgenderism, Vol. 8, Issue 2/3 (2005), The Haworth Press. http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t792306875~db=all
- Bockting , W.O., Rosser, B.R.S., and Coleman, E. Transgender HIV Prevention: A Model Education Workshop. Journal of the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association 4(4): 175-183 . http://www.springerlink.com/content/q4435m1911537552/?p=6688c08eb505444097143ae9a13678d7&pi=3
- Lurie, S. Identifying Training Needs of Health Care Providers, in Transgender Health and HIV Prevention, (2005), The Haworth Press. http://tgtrain.org/LurieIJTv8n2.pdf