Job Opening Pride Center of Vermont
Title: Health and Wellness Coordinator
Job Type: F/T Position (includes Health and Dental Benefits)
Reports To: Health and Wellness Director
Pride Center of Vermont (PCVT) is looking for a full-time Health and Wellness Coordinator to implement the Center’s HIV Testing Program and Mpowerment Program, GLAM Vermont, and in collaboration with the Health and Wellness team and a core group of volunteers. GLAM Vermont is a peer-lead HIV prevention and community-building program designed for young gay, bisexual and trans masculine folks ages 18-35 in VT.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-coordinate the Mpowerment Project (GLAM), develop engaging outreach events, publicity materials, and social media campaigns to attract GBT guys to the program and promote a sex-positive safer sex message.
- Plan, promote, implement and facilitate fun events for GLAM and other community outreach opportunities.
- Along with the GLAM Core Group, serve as a starting point for the diffusion process of safer sex messages to all young gay, bisexual, queer and/or trans men in Vermont.
- Facilitate the empowerment of young gay, bisexual, queer and/or trans men who join the project as volunteers.
- Support the Health and Wellness Team in conducting sex-positive, harm-reduction focused “Mgroups” that promote safer sex behavior and discussion.
- Facilitate GLAM Weekly Core Group meetings
- Network and collaborate with appropriate organizations to build support, participation and partnerships.
- Provide HIV counseling, testing and referrals, through PCVT’s anonymous HIV testing program after participating in certification with Vermont Department of Health.
Preferred Qualities and Skills
PCVT is looking for an energetic, team-oriented individual to help move the Mpowerment Program forward. This person must have exceptional time management skills and follow through, and be highly personable and enthusiastic about working with the diverse LGBTQ communities in Vermont. Candidates should establish creative approaches to reach gay, bi, and trans men who are at high risk of contracting HIV or are HIV positive.
Previous experience with the Mpowerment model and certification in HIV Counseling, Testing, and Referral are a plus, but not required. As well as a working knowledge of social media platforms and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) preferred. Strong communication skills are a must.
Program activities take place primarily in the evenings and on weekends. People of color and people living with HIV are encouraged to apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Health and Wellness Coordinator” in the Subject Line.
Pride Center of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, medical/physical/mental condition, sexual orientation, Veteran Status, or age.
Posted: Tuesday, July 24th 2018